Sunday, September 1, 2013

Beer Tourism- Cincinnati

So today's blog is centered around something I do a lot and will be featured a lot on this blog: beer tourism. 

On a whim we decided to go to Cincinnati and hit a couple breweries and IKEA (to appease the girl). Today I'll be talking about Rhingeist and later Rivertown. 

First I'd have to say that rhinegeist is not in the best area, but the space itself is pretty awesome; it appears to be a converted space taking up the entire 3rd floor of an old warehouse. Lots of picnic tables, corn hole, and a ping pong table. The brewery focuses on hoppy beers and had a hoppy wheat, an English mild, a few pale ales, and an IPA on. I tried the wheat and the pale ales. Overall the beers were pretty good and I ended up taking home one of their Monogamy single hop series pale ales featuring Mosiac Hops. 

Naturally I picked up a glass featuring their cool teardrop skull logo. 


What: Rhinegeist Brewery Snifter/Tulip
How: From the brewery

No comments:

Post a Comment